It is a prescribed drug used to treat hyperactive parathyroid hormone in the patients afflicted to renal impairment, or on dialysis. It is a kind of calcimimetic medication. It acts via allosteric activation of the calcium-sensing receptor in various tissues of human organs. It is available under the trade name Sensipar in the market.
Which ailments cinacalcet help treat?
• Parathyroid carcinoma
• Renal impairment
• Hepatic impairment
What are the side-effects?
Some of the common side-effects include-
• Loose Motions
• Chest pain
• Bone disease
• Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Dosage of Medication
• It is available in the form of a tablet with the dosage strength of 30mg, 60 mg and 90mg respectively meant to be taken orally via the mouth
• The drug is indicated to be taken in case of severe hypocalcaemia who are not the right candidate for parathyroidectomy.
• The initial dosage is 30mg PO q 12 hr. Your doctor may increase your dose if needed at 2-4 week interval.
• In case of chronic kidney disease along with overactive parathyroid, this drug is prescribed with an initial dosage of 30mg PO q/day. If the need arises, the subsequent doses can be increased from 60, 90, 120 to 180mg/day
• In case of hypercalcemia along with parathyroid carcinoma initial dose of 30mg PO 12 hourly is prescribed. Subsequent doses include 60 and 90mg to normalise levels of serum calcium.
• In case of renal problem, dose alteration is not mandatory
• Monitoring of Parathyroid hormone levels is of utmost significance in the case of hepatic dysfunction
• Check serum calcium levels every 2 months
Warnings & Precautions
• The drug is contraindicated in cases of hypersensitivity and severe hypocalcaemia
• In case you have a past history of neurologic deficit such as seizures, you are not the right candidate for this drug
• In case you have CKD (chronic kidney disease), this drug is not recommended
• Tapering of drug dose is generally done in patients who are exposed to moderate to severe levels of liver function impairment
• Patients are advised to give the complete past medical history of cardiac problem, kidney dysfunction and hepatic impairment since this drug interferes with these conditions.
• Alteration or missed calcium dosage may cause severe adverse outcomes such as tetany, hypocalcemia and parasthesia. Therefore, it is advised to take this drug as per the scheduled time on a regular basis
• In case you are allergic to any drug or cinacalcet, do inform your doctor regarding the same
• Talk to your doctor regarding all the prescription and non-prescription drugs you are taking
How does it help in the treatment?
It works via increasing the sensitivity of calcium-sensing receptors in the parathyroid hormone which indirectly activates the extracellular calcium. This down regulates parathyroid hormone levels and lowers down the calcium and phosphorous. 80% of this drug is excreted in urine and 15% in faecal matter.
Your order will be packed safe and secure and dispatched within 24 hours. This is exactly how your parcel will look like (pictures of a real shipping item). It has a size and a look of a regular private letter (9.4x4.3x0.3 inches or 24x11x0.7cm) and it does not disclose its contents
|Delivery||14-21 days||$10||Tracking# available in 24 hours|
|Free standard airmail service for all orders with sum starting at $200|
|Delivery||5-9 days||$25||Tracking# available in 24 hours|
|Free trackable courier service for all orders with sum starting at $300|
"You guys are great, i bought the cheap generic gefitinib from your store, which had the same effect as the brand name iressa bought here in states, now i prefer generics over the branded, Thanks to you."
I am very happy with my last purchase on this site!!!!! Really cool team that helped me buy medicines and the fastest delivery I have ever experienced. So glad I selected this site for my medicines purchase. Although I wasn’t expecting such a fast delivery, deep in my mind I felt that this site means business!