Conjugated estrogens are a prescribed steroid hormone and major female sex hormone. This substitute used to relieve symptoms like hot flushes (feeling of heat and sweating together) during the premenopausal stage in women. It is available in the market with the trade name of Cenestin (conjugated synthetic A estrogens) and Enjuvia(conjugated synthetic B estrogens).
How does it help in the treatment?
It works via the mechanism of replacement therapy. The normal estrogen of the body gets replaced with this substitute and renders a therapeutic effect.
What are the uses of Premarin Vaginal Cream 0.625mg 14gm?
Which ailments does Conjugated Estrogens help treat?
• Premenopausal symptoms like hot flushes
• Vaginal dryness
• Vaginal itching
• To relieve symptoms of breast cancer
• To relieve symptoms of prostate cancer
What are the dosage and direction of Premarin Vaginal Cream 0.625mg 14gm?
Dosage of Medication
• Conjugated estrogens are available in the form of a tablet meant to be taken by mouth. It is usually ingested with or without food one time in a day.
• Depending upon the clinical condition of the patient, the doctor may prescribe this substitute either to be taken daily or according to a rotating schedule that alternates a period of time.
• If it is prescribed to relieve the symptoms of cancer, it is usually taken three times a day.
• Do take your medicine as per the prescribed schedule. Adhere to the instructions mentioned on the prescription label and in case you are unable to understand a part of it, do not hesitate to ask your doctor instead of panic.
• Do not consume the drug more often than prescribed. Initially, your doctor may start you with a low dose and gradually increase the dose if the symptoms still persist.
• Do ask your pharmacist or doctor for a leaflet of the manufacturer's information.
What precautions should I take when taking Premarin Vaginal Cream 0.625mg 14gm?
Warnings & Precautions
• Conjugated estrogens may raise the risk of endometrial cancer development. The longer you intake the substitute, more are the susceptible chances in the development of this condition.
• Before start taking estrogen therapy does tell your doctor if you ever had cancer or abnormal vaginal bleeding
• While taking conjugated estrogen, if you experience heavy vaginal bleed, report your doctor immediately without any delay.
• Give complete past medical and surgical history to your treating doctor before starting with this therapy.
• In case you experience symptoms like dizziness, nervousness, double vision, high blood pressure, slurry speech, sudden breathlessness immediately after intake of this drug, call your treating doctor without any further delay.
• Do not taper the dose according to your own self. Do talk to your doctor every 3 to 6 months before discontinuing the medication.
• Do take this drug as long as it is needed
• Stay in touch with your doctor on regular intervals and keep on discussing the risks and benefits of this hormone therapy
• Do inform your doctor in case you are on allergic or on any anti-allergic medication. Ask your pharmacist to check into medication ingredients guide before dispensing the drug.
• Follow the directions written on the prescription label very carefully. In case of queries do ask your doctor or pharmacist.
• Intake the drug exactly as per the directions. Do not overdose.
• If you are planning a pregnancy or already become pregnant while you are on this therapy, do immediately report to your doctor.
• If you are breastfeeding while taking conjugated estrogen, inform your doctor.
• If you are taking any herbal supplements or nutritional supplements do inform your doctor beforehand
• Do inform your doctor if you ever had yellowing of skin or eyes during pregnancy, any liver disease, kidney problem, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, asthma, migraine, headache, seizures, thyroid problem while on conjugated estrogen regimen.
• In case you are taking estrogen therapies for osteoporosis do ask your doctor about other ways or supplements such as vitamin-D to relieve its symptoms.
• Ask your doctor regarding any special dietary supplementation if needed
• Before undergoing any lab test or hormone test, do inform the doctor or lab personnel that you are on conjugated estrogen hormone therapy
• Keep the drug out of the reach of the children.
What are the contraindications of Premarin Vaginal Cream 0.625mg 14gm?
What are the side effects?
• Tenderness of breast
• Abdominal disturbances
• Excessive flatulence
• Weight gain or loss
• Cramps in legs
• tingling in the limbs
• Muscle soreness
• Loss of hair
• Unwanted hair growth
• Spotting of the skin of the face
• Abnormal eyeball movements making it difficult to wear contact lenses
• Swelling, itching and inflammation of the vagina
• Vaginal discharge
• Loss of libido
• Cold symptoms
• Loss of appetite
• Bulging eyes
• Pain, swelling, or tenderness in the stomach
• yellowing of the skin or eyes
• Joint pain
• disturbed coordination
• Rash or blisters
• swelling of the eyes, face, tongue and throat
• Difficulty breathing or swallowing