Women suffering from female pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia tend to lose almost 150 strands every day. It’s more than the women who lose 50 to 100 hair strands daily, and these women don’t have thin hair. Once lost, these hairs take a long time to grow again. That’s why it’s of the utmost importance for women to opt for hair loss treatment as early as possible. The most notable sign of androgenetic alopecia is the overall thinning of hair, which starts from the top or front of the head.
- About minoxidil: When you visit a brick-and-mortar or web-based pharmacy to Buy Hair Loss Drugs Online, you may run into medicinal hair loss treatment products containing a substance called minoxidil. It’s highly effective, but it only works if you suffer from hair loss caused by female pattern baldness. It won’t work against any other condition.
- The growth-loss pattern: In most cases, the hair on your head grows about half an inch every month. Each strand of hair grows continuously for about six years. After that, they stop growing, rest for some time, and eventually fall out. A new strand replaces each hair you lose. So, if you grow hair normally, almost 85% of it grows at any point in time and only 15% of it rests. However, the hair follicles on the head of people suffering from female pattern baldness become smaller over time. As a result, the hair strands don’t get enough time to grow, and they don’t get replaced by new strands, either.
- The only medication available: Minoxidil happens to be the only FDA-approved drug available against androgenetic alopecia or female pattern baldness. According to dermatologists, it prolongs the growth phase of the hair follicles. Experts recommend using 2% minoxidil for women. For men, they suggest using the formula that contains 5% of minoxidil.
- The advantages: When you Buy Generic Hair Loss Medication Canada at Safe Canada Pharmacy, keep your eyes open for products containing minoxidil. Some medications worth mentioning include Hair 4U (Minoxidil/Aminexil), Loniten – Generic Equivalent, and Minoxidil/Finasteride – Hair solution. They can stop hair loss entirely or slow down the effects. Also, in almost a quarter of the women, who use it, minoxidil can encourage new hair to grow. Just make sure that you start using it the moment you notice signs of hair loss.
- The disadvantages: Despite being beneficial, minoxidil has its fair share of disadvantages. For instance, it’s an expensive substance that can cost you up to $30 for every two ounces. Using it may be inconvenient for some people as they have to apply it to the scalp two times every day. It may even contribute to unwanted hair growth. In other words, you may see facial hair if the medication trickles down onto your face.
The best thing about minoxidil is that it’s available as an OTC product. It means you won’t have to get a prescription from a doctor to purchase it. Then again, dermatologists encourage everyone to see their primary care physician if not a dermatologist. People suffering from androgenetic alopecia will benefit from the support they’ll get from a designated healthcare expert. After all, specific medical problems may be the cause of hair loss, such as nutritional abnormalities or thyroid dysfunction.