Everyone knows what air pollution is about. It’s the contamination of air due to the presence of pollutants that may cause harm to the health of people and other living creatures. These pollutants primarily affect your well-being by damaging your respiratory organs. Air pollution can cause severe and sometimes irreversible harm to your lungs. It’s often the cause of asthma or COPD among people who didn’t have these conditions in the past. COPD patients may experience flare-ups if they get exposed to both indoor and outdoor pollutants.
- A bit about COPD: COPD is an abbreviated term that stands for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Chronic bronchitis and emphysema are two common problems that may lead to COPD. The symptoms include coughing, difficulty in breathing, wheezing, and excessive mucus production. You can Buy Cheap Advair Diskus Inhaler to get temporary relief from the symptoms, but it isn’t the cure.
- The dangers of air pollution: Long-term exposure is one of the many risks of developing COPD. People already suffering from this condition will experience significant lung damage brought about by the poorness of air quality. Patients may start coughing or have trouble breathing the moment they come into contact with polluted air.
- Indoor pollutants: Just because you aren’t outdoors doesn’t mean you’re safe from air pollutants. In some instances, the pollutants present inside a house can be profoundly more harmful than the ones infesting the outdoor air.
- Biological pollutants are among the prime contributors to indoor air pollution. The presence of pollen, mold, and pet dander can result in breathing disorders. Also, particles from cockroaches and dust mites may be dangerous.
- Radon is a radioactive natural gas that enters properties through cracks and other openings. Radon levels are more in some places, but they’re in control in other locations. You should consider relocating to one of these places if it’s possible.
- Environmental tobacco smoke is full of hazardous substances, such as carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, and other pollutants that may cause cancer.
- Combustible pollutants come from furnaces, water heaters, room heaters, and fireplaces. The fuels used to make these devices work release chemicals like carbon monoxide that can irritate the lungs.
- Outdoor pollutants: Urbanized locations with a high population tend to be excessively polluted. The most common pollutants found in these places are airborne particulate matter and ozone. Inhaling them can be hazardous for everyone, but the risk factor is higher in vulnerable people, such as kids, the elderly, and folks with asthma and COPD. Long-term exposure to pollutants will increase the possibility of developing COPD in the future.
Generic Fluticasone + Salmeterol Medication purchased from Safe Canada Pharmacy can help you cope with COPD. Based on what your doctor prescribes, you may have to resort to other drugs, such as Spiriva Rotacaps with Rotahaler, Combivent Inhaler, or Symbicort Turbuhaler. However, these medicines can give you momentary relief. There’s no cure for COPD. Nonetheless, it’s possible to lead a healthy life if you opt for pulmonary rehabilitation. This supervised program offers classes on breathing techniques, workouts, and health education. Also, COPD patients should wear masks whenever they go out in public.