Xifaxan Tablet is also known by its generic name Rifaximin, which is used to treat different kinds of infections such as genital and skin infections, whooping cough, gastrointestinal infections, respiratory infections, and urinary tract infections. The medicine is available in tablet formulations. The medicine is a macrolide antibiotic attached to plasma proteins. It replicates the bacteria and for that, it opts for protein synthesis by activating the ribosomal proteins. Rifaximin works on protein synthesis by attaching the ribosomal RNA which stops the joining of the subunit. This medicine is used to treat diarrhea and irritable bowel syndrome. It is also used to cure brain issues caused by liver diseases. It’s not clear that if Xifaxan Tablet is safe for children under 12. So, it’s best to consult the doctor.
What are the uses of Xifaxan Tablets - Generic Equivalent?
This medicine is used to treat diarrhea and irritable bowel syndrome. It is also used to cure brain issues caused by liver diseases. It’s not clear that if Xifaxan Tablet is safe for children under 12. So, it’s best to consult the doctor.
What are the dosage and direction of Xifaxan Tablets - Generic Equivalent?
Follow the doctor's prescription and suggestion for the tablet. The dose can vary from one person to another depending on the condition of the patient and the degree of which is required to treat. The medicine is available in 200, 400, and 550 mg vials. If one does is missed, try not to make it double. Start again from the first cycle. Physicians must remember that how one reacts to the medicine also does matter to select the perfect dose. Make sure you are taking the recommended dose without failing and complete the course of the medicine.
• Keep the medicine at a normal room temperature, away from moisture, heat, and light.
• Check the prescription before starting the doses of Xifaxan Tablets
• Sometimes doctors suggest having the tablets for a short period to maintain the effect of the medicine and recovery timing.
• If the medicine can make you dizzy, avoid taking it in the daytime and take it at night just before going to sleep.
• Keep the medication away from children
What precautions should I take when taking Xifaxan Tablets - Generic Equivalent?
Before purchasing the medicine, you must be aware of the ingredients of the medicine and must be careful before using new medicine. For this antibiotic, it is highly important as it can affect your health.
• Rifaximin is not safe when used during pregnancy. Talk to your doctor before you take the dose.
• You must also avoid this medication while you are breastfeeding your child.
• If you are suffering from arrhythmia must stay away from Rifaximin. Same for the patients with liver and kidney disease. Also for patients with heart disease, this medicine is not recommended.
• If you are suffering from breast cancer don’t use this medication until your doctor suggests you.
• Also, if you are taking other medicines, it’s best to consult your physician because the medication might interact with it and create greater health issues
What are the contraindications of Xifaxan Tablets - Generic Equivalent?
Xifaxan Tablets can cause some mild side effects; however, it’s best to consult your physician about your medical history before taking the tablets. The mild effects can be:
• Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea
• Rash, itching
• Blood/mucus in your stool
• Loss of appetite may occur
• Stomach or abdominal pain
• A change in vaginal discharge
• Muscle weakness
• Drooping eyelids
• Slurred speech
• Unusual tiredness
If any of these persist for longer than expected or get severe, you must consult the doctor immediately for remedies. Check your health condition before the doctor prescribes this medication.