What are the uses of Vigamox 0.5%-5ML eye drop (Generic Equivalent)?
Moxifloxacin is used for treating bacterial eye infections such as bacterial conjunctivitis and others by stopping its growth. It is good for doing away with the bacteria that causes such conditions. It is mainly used for steroid-responsive inflammatory ocular conditions. You must use this after taking care to keep hygienic conditions for your hands.
What are the dosage and direction of Vigamox 0.5%-5ML eye drop (Generic Equivalent)?
To achieve the best results, follow the directions of the doctor. Stopping the medicine too early might cause in relapsing of the infection.
• For applying the eye drops, make sure the hands are properly washed or sanitized. Also, avoid contamination of the dropper.
• Gaze upward by tilting your head back and pull down the lower eyelid. Place the dropper over the eye and put the prescribed number of drops in your eyes.
• Keep your eyes closed for a minute or two. To prevent the medication from draining off, apply gentle pressure on the corner of the eye, near the nose.
• Do not put on contact lenses while using this medicine.
• Do not apply any other eye drop before 5 mins of using Moxifloxacin.
• Inform your doctor if the condition does not improve in 7 days.
What precautions should I take when taking Vigamox 0.5%-5ML eye drop (Generic Equivalent)?
Inform your doctor if you are allergic to any substance or if you have any medical history. It is always better to be aware of the precautions before the use of any medicine.
• Inform the doctor if you are allergic to quinolone antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin.
• The product might also contain some inactive ingredients. Again, consult your doctor regarding this.
• If you have any medical history of contact lens usage.
• Use of this medication might make your vision blurred for a while. Do not drive or do any such activities, such as the use of machinery immediately after the usage of this medication.
• Using this medicine for a prolonged period might result in some secondary infection.
• Discard if the solution turns cloudy or changes the colour.
• Do not double dose to catch up if you have missed a dose.
What are the contraindications of Vigamox 0.5%-5ML eye drop (Generic Equivalent)?
Moxifloxacin does not come with any severe side effects. Although, if you notice any of the below-mentioned side effects to cause trouble, consult your doctor about it.
Some of the common side effects include:-
• Swelling of eye
• Blurred vision
• Watery eyes
• Pain in the eye including dryness, redness, or itchiness
• Dizziness and breathing trouble is rare
• It might cause rashes and itching of the face, tongue, and throat
This is not the possible list of all the side effects. You might experience some other side effects as well. If it persists for a long time, consult your doctor about it. But always remember that the doctor has judged that the benefits of the medicine are more significant to you rather than its side effects.